WRCLS provides legal assistance to people in the Waterloo Region. Services include referrals, summary advice, full legal representation, and public legal education.
The areas of law we can help with are:
- Tenancy Issues
- Employment Issues & Employment Insurance
- Workplace Sexual Harassment
- Ontario Disability Support Program Appeals
- Ontario Works
- Canada Pension Plan – Disability
- Consumer Protection
- Immigration Law
- Notarization and Commissioning of documents
- Name and Gender Marker Change
- Indigenous Justice (Gladue)
We do not deal with:
- Landlord issues
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Injuries Compensation / Personal Injury
- Real Estate
- Family Law
WRCLS services are free to eligible individuals and families. Contact us to find out if you are eligible for our services.
WRCLS reserves the right to request your most recent Notice of Assessment at any time to verify your income and determine your eligibility.
Summary Advice & Referrals
We provide summary advice in the areas of law listed above. Summary advice means that we can listen to your problem and tell you what we think you should do. In general, we will not ask you about your income before providing summary advice on the phone or in our office.
If we are unable to help you, we will try our best to refer you to other services that can help you.